Friday, September 09, 2005

Slide



Well follow me, won't you come away
Don't worry baby, everything's okay
You can't run the game if you don't know my name
I'll take you where you've never been before
There's something for you, a whole lot more
You ain't gotta peek, everyone knows you're a freak
Slide, slide, slide
Yeah, baby baby, slide
Slide, slide, slide, slide
Why don't you slide?
-- Slave

Got my imaginary skates on - whatchu know about those skates with the white boots, the deep navy blue wheels, and the blue pom-pons attached to my laces.

I'm one.thorough.bitch.

Oh, I'm skatin' all over this runner at my desk. What? You don't know?

Can't nobody air skate like me.

Cross! Cross! Cross! Cross!

I just turned a corner, jerk.

Phone's ringing but I'm pickin' up speed, and I'm about go roller derby on these bitches standing right there. Think they cute.

Uh-oh! Uh-oh! Uh-oh!

I got on my pink and white baseball shirt, with my neon pink letters spellin' NINA aka BABY REDD across the back. Yeah. Got them new letters. Can't even tell they're iron-on.

Mind you, I'm not a redbone. But what young girl growing up in the 70's wasn't obsessed with being lightskinned with bow-legs and having hair hanging down her back?

I wasn't red, but light enough to call myself such and not get clowned. Heh.

Got on my Chardon jeans. They're tight too. And I managed to sneak my sister's glitter belt out the house before she knew what was happening. Had to put it on in Lisa's mother's car though. I ain't stupid.

Note to self: Hide any pictures taken tonight, as they may account as evidence against you in Sibling Court.

Got my Orange Crush Lipsmacker lip balm on. In case Chad wants to kiss me. Umm hmm. *mwah* Takes just like o-ranges!

Oranges, sparanges
Who cares?
Oranges, sparanges
Who cares?
Oranges, sparanges
Who cares?
I ain't got time for oranges
-- H.R. Puffinstuf

I spent all evening curling my hair into this flip. I put some sponge rollers in it so I wouldn't sweat it out before tonight though. It looks good. Smells like cotton candy, courtesy of Isoplus Oil Sheen.

It don't have much bounce, on account of the grease, but it won't revert.

I came with my three girls, but I'm standing at the entrance to the rink floor. The early bird catches the worm. Ya heard? I don't have time to be cackling with them all night. Last time I did that, Tiya beat me to him.

But not tonight.

A bitch got an agenda.

*the sign flashes "Couples Skate"*

Where he at? Where he at? Wait. Move your head! Oh, wait. Uh huh. There he is.

*reaching out and grabbing the finest boy in the imaginary rink*

He's been watching me all night, and he's know I got this groove, so he puts his hands on my hips, and gets behind me.

The DJ puts on "Straight From the Heart," and we catch the downbeat and start our stutter-skate.

1&1, and 2&2, and 1&1, and 2&2

We look good out here. Cuz you know, that's what it's all about. Lookin' good out here.

Awww...don't they look cute? They are right in step with each uvvah.

Yeah, ain't we cute.

All ballet-like, I spin around so I can face him, going backwards in complete trust to his lead.

He's bold for a 14 year old. He's looking me in my eyes, and singing to me...

There's a spell on my mind
And you're to blame
Nothing else in my life
Will ever be the same
It must be love
For there is nothing that I won't do
For the love of you
From now on, everything that I have
Is yours...forever
This is straight from the heart
No one...could ever doubt
My love...will last till the end of time
Of time
-- Con Funk Shun

I'm flush, even though we're moving rather briskly, as he turns me and twirls me effortlessly.

I'm glad he can't see the change under the dimmed lights and reflection of the disco ball. I'on want him to know I like him. Just yet.

What am I to do
With the love I've found
I can't believe that you
Completely turned my world around...


He pulls me in closer, and I put my arms around his neck, and rest my head on his shoulder. His young body molds into mine, and I don't even know if I'm breathing.

In my head, I can hear the collective sighs of all the envious little bats whose eyes haven't left us since I took his hand.

Can I have a chance?, he asked, as he rubs his junior hard-on into my leg. He adds, You smell good, before I can even answer.

What else is more important right now?

I can't get the answer out of my mouth, but I grind down on his hard-on. He lets out the smallest of exhales, before he inhaled it back in.

That meant yes.

*lights come up, and Lakeside's It's All the Way Live pipes in*

He spins around, and readjusts his poked-out pants, and pulls his shirt out to cover that little spot of pre-cum that seeped through his 501's.

It's All the Way Live!
It's All the Way Live!
It's All the Way Live!
It's All the Way Live!
All you gotta do is boogie...


He gives me a half-smile because he would be embarrassed if I wasn't his girl...but he's not.

We skate side by side, our hands crossed alternately in front of us, and we skate hard twice around, picking up enough speed to whip out.

After we get past this couple right here, I can let go of my right hand, and fully extend...

Yeah, like that. I'm a little dizzy, but he's holding me tight with his right hand, as I slow down, lagging just a second or two behind him...

...and with one good pull without losing balance, he whips me around and sends me flying!

I'm flying!
I'm flying!

I'm going too fast to turn around!

Get out the way!

*ahem* Nina? Nina? I've been calling you for the last half hour. You didn't hear your phone?

I reach up and feel my hair. No flip, but a bob. I glance down at my feet, shyly. Tan sandals. No pom-poms.

And...and this Donna Karan shirt doesn't look like my pink & white BABY REDD shirt.

Ugh.

Another hour lost to the 70's.

Why won't you slideeeeeee?
|

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was fun. I can't resist the urge to analyze. You feelin' pretty good today, no? Be safe this weekend.

September 09, 2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

I looove Slave and enjoyed this romp.
I also just wanted to thank you again for reminding me that it is okay to be me. A bitch had to remember why she started blogging in the first place. I almost had myself thinking it was to make friends! And if I do--wonderful--but let it be on the strength of realness, not on some bullshit. So Thank you, Dahlink, for such strength!!

September 12, 2005 12:43 AM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

Anonymity has it's perks, Midlife. Resist the urge to type towards people, and stay out there, on your isolated precipice, lookin' down on the collective with the wings of YOUR own thought.

Do it your way, ma. Only your way.

September 12, 2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I got caught up in your memory, but then I remembered that I couldn't skate well at that age. This is more proof that schools should have 2 hours of daydreaming and jobs should have 1.

September 12, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

That's the beautiful thing about air skating though, Amadeo. EVERYONE skates well in that rink. LOL

I'm with you on the daydreaming. I often have my head up the ass of my memories.

September 12, 2005 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home