Sunday, October 30, 2005

Getting Late



Why you gotta be here
Beside me
Watching, needing, wanting me
But I'm afraid
Don't be
But I'm afraid
Don't be
I'm so scared that you'll hurt me
Twice...
-- Floetry

I don't like being the last at anything.

I don't like to close shit down.

When I was in my 20's and me and girls would hit the obligatory club circuit EVERY Friday and Saturday, I'd have to drive my own car.

Fish would be wantin' to close the shit DOWN.

Lights come up, and you won't find me.

Ever notice when the lights come up in a club and all that's left are the sweating, wrinkled rejects of the night?

I'on assemble with the rank and file.

I leave like the exclusive bitch that I am.

And there's a fine line between love and hate you see
Came way too late, but baby I'm on it..
Can't worry bout, what a nigga think now see
That's Liberation and baby I want it...
-- Outkast

I'm not inclined to give a fuck what people think.

About me or...about anything for that matter.

I'm just not that bound to other people and their thoughts and opinions.

That's freedom right there.

I'on know how I got that way, but I'm glad I'm here.

Shit that oughta be stressin' me out ain't connecting.

Shit that was determined to destroy me ain't muss my hair.

Prolly got a lot to do with the fact that I think I'm a superior being.

...in the most humble way that that's possible.



Pete's rickety rocket was my favorite cartoon
After marriage the honeymoon
I'll be damn gag me with a spoon
Who loves Popeye, Alice the goon
-- Nice & Smooth

I used to lose my mind when Kimba the Lion came on.



Speed Racer, Grape Ape, George, George, George of the Jungle...

...watch out for that treeeeeeeee!

I fucks with Adam Ant, Magilla Gorilla, Hong Kong Phooey, and Deputy Dawg.

You know, the cartoons that only required that you be a kid to understand that shit.

You know...before you needed a fuckin' Ph.D. to watch a damn cartoon.

I ain't never have to watch Johnny Quest with a gotdamn dictionary on my lap.

Haji wasn't sayin' no complex shit like that.

No wonder children are fucked up nowadays.

My fuckin' head hurts when I watch Dragonball-Z.

This shit ain't made for kids, man.

This...this shit is made for the latent child inside of some lonely, desperate, pre-pedophilic adult.

Plus...where are the niggas on Dragonball-Z? And don't say that little buddha-like coon is the token either.



Dios Mio.



Turn around and look behind you! You see that? You built that! And here it stands, a monument to this white man's paradise! -- Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan, speaking in reference to the Washington Monument, at the Millions More Movement march.

Oh, so it's a honor now to tote my dead ass around the country like I'm on some post-mortem tour to lie in state in the den of your iniquity?

White people got the nerve of Jesse James, I 'clare 'fore God.



Man...fuckouttahere.

Haulin' that lady around damn near a week after she died is ridiculous.

You know the "cuzzins" have a macabre habit of tryna keep the body out of the ground and until err'body and they momma done seen the dearly departed.

Big Momma's sister be screamin' and fallin' her heavy, perspiring ass out, talking about "She's so hard! She's so cold."

She been in the meat locker for 12 days waiting for ya'll asses to get a day off from the mill to get up here!

Shit.

Need to find a fuckin' job with some bereavement leave. Shit.

And what about if you just CAIN'T make it? What's wrong with just sayin' you can't make it to the funeral?

But I wanna pay my respects.

No. Why don't you respect this dead person and let them be buried sometime this month, eh? Novel concept, I suppose.

I'on know when we're going to wake up and get a clue, black people.

To seek validation by the system that has done nothing but discredit us from the onset has got to be a sociological and psychological model for insanity.

Wake. Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Naw, on second thought...stays the fuck asleep.

I'm officially back up in dis bitch.

I'm hopin' you sophisticated motherfuckers hear what I have to say... -- N.W.A.
|

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. You know, for getting back to it. Yup, I'm acting like you write for my entertainment. Cuz I got that same humility you wrote about! HAHAHA. And damn that, the Simpsons episode with the baby at the Ayn Rand center was hilarity. But this is your blog, I'm just visiting. Glad you back at it, and why Larry look like he went straight from this to Band of the Hand?

October 31, 2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

Yeah, you are officially back! Missed your over the top self! You spoke on so much I might have to come back to make an actual comment on what you wrote. I might have to respond in installments! Preach, Nina!

October 31, 2005 3:31 AM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

Thanks O & Berry. It feels cathartic to be back. Where did the time go? LOL

October 31, 2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Speed needs to whup on spritle and chim chim...future hitchhikers...

October 31, 2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

cool post. yeah, glad you are back, definitely.

November 01, 2005 5:18 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Just got a chance to breeze thru an bless ya spot.. with a shout out.

And I see you got some shouting out of your own up in here, lol.'
That's right put it on Blast.

PEace

Bk Babe!

November 04, 2005 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nina.

November 09, 2005 11:10 PM  
Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

A fresh drink of water, I tell ya. Welcome back. Your poetry, as always, sounds like some cool ass chick humming sexily in my ear. And I ain't even gay.

November 15, 2005 7:47 PM  
Blogger chase said...

hey sis, glad to see u back. you aint tole no lie

lmao @ clare for god, my daughter says tha, got it from her great aunt, lmaooo

November 24, 2005 2:21 AM  
Blogger chase said...

ps...added you to my blog list so's i can visit more regular...

thrilled?

:D

November 24, 2005 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving

November 26, 2005 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home