Monday, December 19, 2005

Can't Nobody



Trying to let you know what it's all about
I know you wanna leave
So many little games silly people play
Don't act foolishly
I'm so real, so soft to touch
My love, my kiss so sweet, glorious
The look on your face
Anyone can see
No one does it like me...
-- Kelly Rowland

I've been known to say that to many a man.

Not one of them has retorted, Uh...I don't want her to do it like you. Stupid.

Cuz that would be arrogance-kryptonite.

I be on dat Kryptonite
Straight up on dat Kryptonite
I be on dat, straight up on dat
I be on dat Kryptonite
-- Big Boi

Whatever happened to Solé? I liked her.



Married Ginuwine, and relegated herself to wifedom in P.G. County.

Curious.

Don't look so sad
I know it's over
But life goes on
And this world
Keeps on turning, yeah
Let's just be glad
We have this time
To spend together
There is need to watch the bridges
That are burning...
-- Al Green

I really need for people to get better at goodbye.

Stop picking the scab off of the cut and just let it heal and fade away. IT will fade away, but you gotta stop picking with it.

That means stop calling me and reminiscing on something that's not going to be.

You're with someone else, right? So...us talking about the good times. That shit ain't working for me.

It's too fresh right now. Just quit trying to figure out if I still care about you.

Yeah, I do. For whatever it's worth. But that wasn't enough to make us right.

Don't let them
Get the best
Of your heart
Leave the rest up to love
And you'll be taken care of...
-- Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

I think shorty has a crush on me. Ain't he the sweetest?

Little tiny self. I'm not much on tiny men, but he's so cute. Every time he walks by, I want to beckon him to sit on my lap.

He called me "precious" this morning. Now if that wasn't just the cutest damn thing. I jive giggled.

My grown ass, blushing. I'm flattered.

Not intrigued though.

It's endearing.

I want you to know me better than I know me
Cuz baby I can see the future
You know we should be together
I'm not gonna play with you, so dont you play with me
Let's put this thing together baby
I'll leave these other girls alone...
-- Bobby Valentino

If I had a year to spare though, I might have given him some play

I'm really into thoughtful people right now.

I'on care about things that I usually care about. I want somebody that's just gonna be into me. Like majoring in Nina. A student of my every move.

Yeah.

Too bad I'on have that kind of time.

Girl give me your number
Forget it, here go my number
Forget it, you don't need my number
Cuz we gonna get hot tonight...
-- New Edition

When I used to be a clubhead, I never took numbers. Just gave mine out. With one directive.

Me: You can have my number, under one condition.
Him: What's that?
Me: Call tomorrow, or don't call at all.
Him: *bewildered look*
Me: *coy look*

Shit worked like clockwork. And I'm not just saying that because it's my gimmick. Shit REALLY worked.

I think they called out of curiousity. Or maybe it was the apprehension to finding out what would happen if they tried to call me a week later.

My intent was simple: I didn't want to have to remember a whole bunch of niggas names. Call me tomorrow, and let's get this weeding-out process cracking! If they didn't call, that was cool...his name went into the trashcan of my memory.

I met this one dude named Ryan at the club. He was little as fuck. (I did tell you that little men love me, right?)

But this Lilliputian was sexy as fuck. Sexy as he wanted to be, ya heard?

Could dance. Dressed nice. Smelled nice.

I'll never forget we were slow-draggin' to Prince's "Adore", and this fool kissed me dead in my mouth. Naw...he ain't put his tongue in my mouth.

But it wasn't for lack of trying.

I was gon' seriously consider fuckin' with him until I did something wack as hell.

I called him on his job, and I thought he was avoiding taking my call, so I left this hella "fatal" message on his answering machine. Yeah, yeah, I can admit the shit now...I wasn't really tryna sound psycho.

But that shit was jive psycho.

Naw, I'on remember what I exactly said, but it was some rambling, confusing tomfoolery and I got exactly what I deserved as a result of it.

I got some major silence.

Mu'fucka ain't never, ever, never call again.

Fuck that lazy-eyed muthafucka. And he had a sick child. Like chronically sick child.

I'on usually fuck with men with children. Why? Cuz I'on have any children, and um...I'm not dealing with yourn if I don't have any.

But in the RARE case that I do find an exceptional father, who is stepping up and handling his business where his child is concerned, and that shit isn't negatively interfering with what we got going on...then yeah. But that little muthafucka better damnsight be healthy.

I know...that's selfish, Nina!

But shit...somebody will love you with your little TB-ridden, asthmatic, club foot baby. Just not gon' be me.
|

8 Comments:

Blogger Amadeo said...

Someone told me I was wrong for not really wanting to date women with children...But I feel like if things get serious to the point of "living a life" and having children I want it to be something we go through together...for the first time. Plus I don't want no baby daddy interference.

December 19, 2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

No you ain't tryna slip up in here after two months ;-0 Okay, a month a half, but still. I guess we won't be hearing from you until next year. Take care.

December 19, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I'm one of those people that needs to get better at goodbye. I used to be the Queen of Cutting People Off ... I guess I've mellowed with age.

December 19, 2005 7:47 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I have kids, but wouldn't seriously date a man with kids. I have a ton of reasons why not.

On a side note, Sole is a Born Again Christian. Right now she is content with being a wife and mother.

December 19, 2005 9:41 PM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 20, 2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

@ Amadeo -- I don't think you're wrong at all. If people can have their preferences (light, dark, tall, short, buff, slim, etc.) then we can choose not to date people with churren. It's not rocket science. Most of the people who have a problem with it got kids. So fuck what they think anyway. LOL

:-( @ Blackberry...so does that mean you're not happy to see me? *sniffle*

I know I've been blog-triflin lately, but I have been busy at work and the 'puter at home is still on the blink, and I've been too -- TRIFLIN -- to fix it.

I'ma do better.

@ Chele -- admitting it is half the battle. LOL

@ Shawn -- that's wonderful about Sole. I just thought I would have seen her out on the music scene a little longer. I like-ded her style.

December 20, 2005 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started getting ready to read the comments, then just decided to stick with what I do. Glad you back at this. Now stick around for a minute this time. Your blog has turned from one of my favorite TV shows to that mini-series that only come on in parts every few months. Just keep you thinking about what's next.

I like wondering what folk are up to in life, then just getting the bits and pieces, it's interesting. Oh, and that sickly child bit fo' sho got you a special place in you-know-where--HAHAHAHHA. Just kidding, I'm through bloggin' up your comment section. Happy holidays, or winter, or whatever you celebrate this time of year. Take it light.

December 22, 2005 6:30 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Happy Holidays!!

December 26, 2005 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home